Paul Tsimopoulos commenced his professional career in Adelaide in 1992.
He saw a need for quality accounting services in the southern suburbs of Adelaide, when he then established his business, South Coast Accounting Services.
He then saw an opportunity to purchase the practice of G T P Financial Services Pty. Ltd. and a merger of the two businesses occurred in 1994.
Since that time Paul has committed himself to support and develop the interests of clients who are mainly owners and operators of small and medium enterprises.
Paul finds that the most rewarding client relationships are those based on a trust that has developed over a period of consistent and effective service delivery and advice. Services and strategies relevant to the client are designed to manage risks and support long term business growth and wealth creation applicable to the client’s needs and aspirations.
This is built on a foundation of strong and efficient tax, accounting and compliance services.
Paul has particular expertise in and has successfully managed client projects relating to;
- Developing and implementing strategies for either the sale of a family business, the exit or admission of a shareholder or an internal succession facilitating the retirement of the founder or principal
- Restructuring business operations to manage through either an adverse trading period or to prepare a business for a strategic change of direction
- Due diligence, analysis and business planning advice on behalf of the purchaser of a business or a major asset
- Review and optimization of business structures particularly relating to the use of companies, trusts, joint ventures and self managed super funds within family and private business groups
- Tax planning with a particular focus on aligning the design and practical operation of a private business group to achieve a predictable and tax efficient outcome
- Business review and analysis including review of historical and forecast information either as part of ongoing business management or specific project to identify either problems or opportunities within an organization
Specific industries in which Paul has significant experience include;
- Building and construction
- Commercial property investment and development
- Real Estate
- Professional and medical services
Overall clients are offered a multi level approach where the annual services are delivered in a scheduled and targeted manner that both meets tax and reporting obligations and provides a base for developing and reviewing higher level planning and strategy. This provides confidence and stability in the short term and the opportunity for growth and prosperity in the long term.
Qualifications and memberships;
- Fellow of Institute of Public Accountants
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Fellow Member of Tax Institute of Australia
- Fellow Member of National Tax & Accountant's Association
- Fellow Member of Association of Tax & Management Accountants
- Accredited Member of the Finance Brokers' Association of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Justice of the Peace